In today’s historically low labor markets, employers need every advantage they can get. That’s why so many healthcare organizations turn to professional staffing agencies devoted to finding top talent.
With provider shortages looming, there are some clear advantages to partnering with a healthcare staffing agency. Here are some of the reasons why hospitals, medical practices, and other clinical teams seek help from these firms.
How Healthcare Staffing Agencies Help Healthcare Providers
Some of the best benefits of a healthcare staffing agency lie in its ability to stay singularly focused on the job hunt. Hiring teams and HR departments have other responsibilities that keep them preoccupied. A healthcare staffing agency has one primary job — to find you the best candidates. These days, that is a full-time job.
Other benefits of working with a staffing agency include:
- Medical staffing agencies are experts in sourcing and screening healthcare professionals. Most offer extensive experience in this work, which makes them able to speak the language of the professional roles they hire for, whether a nurse, midlevel, line worker, or even a physician. Your staffing partner should send you thoroughly vetted, qualified candidates, which is one of the most time-consuming parts of the hiring process.
- Staffing agencies can send you a wide variety of candidates for a wide variety of roles. They can extend your reach in new ways and double the size of the networks you source from overnight. If you’re looking for a particularly hard to fill position, staffing agencies likely have experience with that type of candidate and can steer you in the right direction.
- Staffing agencies can focus on recruiting passive candidates, those healthcare workers that are not actively looking but are interested in new opportunities. In a tight labor market, it is precisely these types of candidates that must be cultivated to stay ahead of your competition. But this is a time-consuming scouting activity that many healthcare hiring teams simply don’t have time to recruit. Healthcare staffing teams are experts in building these types of relationships to benefit your organization.
In addition to these front-line benefits, working with a healthcare staffing agency can benefit your organization in a variety of ways behind the scenes. For example:
- If your organization is small, such as an independent medical practice network, outsourcing to a healthcare staffing agency may mean your team can spend more time on improving clinical operations. It could mean that your team spends more time focusing on the needs of patients. All of these workflow changes could ultimately improve your bottom line.
- Burnout is a real and serious issue in healthcare. Working with a staffing agency means that your team can improve their work/life balance. They can focus on what’s important to the team and the patients you serve. Having a staffing agency on your side will allow your team to stay focused on what’s important.
Talk to MAS Medical about the benefits of partnering with our firm. We can help.