Forget the end of summer blues. We’re going to tell you about seven awesome things to do in Las Vegas in September!
Just keep reading, and when you get to the last event of the month, you’ll know!
1. Outdoors Excursions
Temperatures become a little more bearable in September, which makes it a good time to explore the many awesome things to do in Las Vegas surrounding areas. Here are some of our favorites:
- Death Valley boasts one of the starkest yet most fascinating landscapes in the world. Take a day tour to learn about the salt flats, borax mines, Scotty’s Castle, and of course Zabriskie Point Badlands.
- Visit the Grand Canyon and marvel at the amazing vistas, which are unlike anything else in the world. You can drive yourself and stop at your leisure, or you can book a guided tour to learn more about the history and nature of the area.
- Bryce Canyon National Park is equally spectacular and a must-see for anyone who enjoys photography. The mysterious orange-red pillars look like something from another world—and if you stay until the evening, you can enjoy a spectacular sunset over the mysterious rock formations.
2. Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat
How often do you get the chance to interact with a white lion or a bottlenose dolphin?
At Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat, you can do yoga, paint, or swim with the dolphins.
You can even be a trainer for a day!
What’s more: you can observe white lions, white tigers, and leopards in a carefully recreated jungle—all while learning everything about these magnificent beasts!
And here’s a super feel-good tidbit: Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat is committed to scientific research, conservation, and educational outreach. By visiting the park, you’re supporting this mission!
If you need some retail therapy to calm down from all the excitement, Vegas won’t disappoint.
Bally’s Avenue Shoppes features a number of unique boutiques selling everything from vintage home decorations to authentic celebrity memorabilia.
If you’re a true fashionista, then Circus Circus is where you need to be. Stroll along the promenade and explore the stores for the perfect outfit for your next night out!
For an “old world” shopping experience right in the heart of Vegas, visit the Grand Canal Shoppes at the Venetian. It’s complete with cobblestoned walkways, an actual Grand Canal—with gondolas—and a replica of St. Mark’s Square in Venice. You’ll find some of the world’s most exclusive couture, jewelry, and accessories here.
On the other hand, if you don’t have a diva’s bank account, spending a day at Las Vegas North Premium Outlets might be more productive. With more than 150 designer outlet stores including Adidas, Michael Kors, and Saks Fifth Avenue, you’re sure to find something you love that won’t break the bank.
And of course, you can always spend a day browsing through the stores on the famous Miracle Mile. Here you’ll find a mix of clothing stores, specialty stores, restaurants, bars, and even tattoo artists and body piercers!
4. Labor Day Weekend Pool Parties, September 2 thru 5
If you love to dance—and swim, then you can’t miss Labor Day Weekend in Vegas.
From Friday, September 2nd through Monday, September 5th, some of the world’s top DJs will spin the night away at some of the world’s top clubs.
Highlights include Zedd at Encore Beach Club; Major Lazer at Surrender Las Vegas; Ludacris at Light Nightclub; David Guetta at XS; and the Stafford Brothers at Daylight. You can find a full schedule at Lavish Vegas.
5. HartBeat Weekend: Kevin Hart and Friends Comedy All Stars, September 2 thru 4
If you like stand-up comedy, you’ll love this! For the third consecutive year, comedian Kevin Hart will be returning to Las Vegas to showcase some of comedy’s hottest talent.
Friday is an evening of Hart’s own comedy featuring some of his favorite colleagues followed by an after party.
On Saturday, there’ll be an advance movie screening of Kevin Hart’s movie “What Now?” followed by a performance by Travis Scott.
And Sunday features a star-studded pool party, a live musical performance by Mackelmore and Ryan Lewis, and the HartBeat Weekend After Party.
6. Life Is Beautiful, September 23 thru 25 in Downtown Las Vegas
Life Is Beautiful is an enormously popular festival that encompasses 18 city blocks—from Mesquite to Carson Avenues and from 7th to 11th Streets—in Downtown Las Vegas.
The festival aims to unite people who love art, food, music, and ideas. You’ll be able to admire numerous colorful art exhibitions, murals, and immersive art installations.
Hungry? Sample culinary delights at one of the many booths or participating restaurants.
If it’s ideas you’re after, then you’ll enjoy the variety of speakers, storytellers, and performers who’ll gladly share their insights with you. And last but not least: music lovers can enjoy a stellar lineup of musicians including Mumford & Sons, J.Cole, Jane’s Addiction, Die Antwoord, and Major Lazer.
7. TravCon™, September 25 thru 27 at Planet Hollywood
It’s the event every healthcare traveler looks forward to each year: The Traveler’s Conference or TravCon™. Known as the largest gathering of traveling medical professionals in the United States, it’s a once-a-year opportunity to explore, learn, network, and party! Here’s what to expect:
- Exhibits: TravCon™ is sponsored by a number of companies that each have their own booth at the event. Here, you’ll find information about medical staffing companies; healthcare education; uniforms and shoes; healthcare institutions; and more.
- Speakers: The event will feature some of the most renowned authorities in healthcare in the world, including Laura Gasparis Vonfrolio and Tanya Scott; as well as experts in other topics that are of importance to traveling healthcare professionals such as tax expert Joseph Smith and Nurse-Attorney Tracy Singh.
- Learning opportunities: You can participate in the Newbie Bootcamp and the Medical Spanish Intensive, plus, you can enroll in certification renewal classes.
- Networking: Throughout the event, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to meet new people and hang out with old acquaintances, for example during lunches, dinners, and get-togethers organized by independent parties.
- Party: The 2015 AfterParty at the Moonbar concludes the event in true style! Enjoy one last evening with your friends before everyone packs up their bags and hits the road again the next morning.
Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg of awesome things to do in Las Vegas!
You can also enjoy:
- concerts by Céline Dion, Britney Spears, and Mariah Carey
- marvel at Cirque du Soleil shows
- suspend your disbelief at a Penn & Teller or David Copperfield show
But no matter what you choose to do, if you have fun doing it and want to spend more time here, remember to check out our travel nurse jobs in Las Vegas—the one sure bet in town!
Tell us: what draws you to Las Vegas?